Finance & Studio Manager
Watson is a research-based creative studio in Portland Oregon. We develop business concepts, brands, content, print and digital deliverables, as well as manage ongoing campaigns. We have a relaxed working environment, great benefits, ~30 full-time employees and best of all, we were recently recognized as one of the Top 100 Companies in Oregon to work for!
We are looking for a Finance / Studio Manager to join our creative team. You must have solid quickbooks and google sheets experience. Those with backgrounds in professional services (Law, medical, engineering, design, etc..) will be strongly favored. We are open to those with associates degrees so long as you have experience. We have an outside CFO you will be collaborating with. You will report to our Director of Ops. We prefer a full time employee, but we are open to 25-30 hours a week as well. Apply via the link below.
- Cashflow Management
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Cost Tracking & Containing – Jobs
- New Hire Research and recommendation based on industry
- Payroll tracking, recording and oversight for accuracy.
- Reimbursements – expense report, verifying, approving and paying out
- Employee Benefits – PTO, 401k, etc.
- Banking – Loan applications and additional support
- All office purchases – approve and reject as necessary, budget (waitlist)
- Budgets – Revenue, Payroll (monthly/annual)
- Set up Jobs in QB to track revenue vs hard costs (bill back hard costs)
- Make recommendations on financial health of company based on projections
- Keep up to date company Dashboards
- Provide financial reports for CFO meeting and speak to changing situations
- Filing system of all records (private)
- Reconciling Bank Account
- Make sure current on all insurance needs
- All office purchases
- Tracking of building maintenance, cleaning and changes
- Company parties – set up budget and execute
- Support of Exec Team
- Travel & Lodging managing for Matt & Team
- Aiding in recruiting process (posting jobs, setting up interviews, etc)
- Direct support to CEO and Ops Director
- Record and implement all HR changes per employee
- Onboarding New Employees
- Keeping clean office
- Point person for office related issues
- Making sure hours are tracked on a weekly cadence, communicate with employees who fail to do so
- Project set up, coding, tracking, updating, speaking to changes
- Participate in weekly project planning meetings.
Our headquarters are tucked away in Portland, Oregon, nestled between the Pacific Ocean, Columbia Gorge, and National Forests, as well as a few volcanoes. It’s the perfect catalyst for creativity and mischief; a place to stretch our legs and develop original, evolving, and meaningful solutions for our clients. Take a trolley. Bike it. Hike it.
We are located next to the Broadway Bridge (just across from the Pearl District) and adjacent to the Moda Center, where you can catch a Blazers game or concert after work. Free off-street parking is always available; senior staff get parking passes. The PDX Trolley is at our doorstep. In our building is a café and a bar, and there’s even a brewery in the basement.
WATSON CREATIVE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WATSON CREATIVE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
WATSON CREATIVE expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WATSON CREATIVE’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.